Thursday, August 9, 2007

So I've now been in country for a little over two months. The time surely flies... I'm finally all moved in to my site and have setteled into my work routine. Here's a day in the life: 6:00 up to make breakfast on my hot plate and boil some water for my bucket bath (its pretty cold here in the mornings!); 8:00 walk five minutes to my CBO's offices by the hospital; 11:30 break for lunch and head back home to cook (ussually potatoes and tomatoes with soya pieces); 2:00 back in to work (often I go travel to neighboring villages in the afternoons to meet with our youth clubs there and do some sexual reproductive health education);4:00/ 4:30 end of the work day!; 6:00 dinner ; 9:00 bedtime! When I have down time I read quite a bit and I'm always listening to the BBC while cooking or cleaning. I love my little house and my new life here, but sometimes I truly miss home. Its the people I miss the most. I find myself missing my mother ALOT! I crave visitors and wait with impatiently for them. As of now, I'm not sure if anyone can come, but I have high hopes for my dad and Matt to come closer to next summer. Well, as always I don't have much time so I've got to keep this short. I finally will be able to get to the internet about once a week now (I think- unless I'm too poor to travel into town!) as I am in town often to mail out proposals and search for new funding sources online for my CBO. I'll try to keep this blog updated. By the way, I've been having trouble with accessing my email for some reason, so if I'm not responding to one you sent, that could be why. I hope to figure it out soon. Well, thats all for now...

1 comment:

grandma said...

Hi Jessica,
Grandpa wants to know if you are getting his mail. He has sent 5 so far and he said he was not going to write again if you are not getting them- also he said to write him back as he does not do e-mails. glad you liked the jerky will send more later
Luv
Grandma